CocoDandridge's Blog

CocoDandridge's Blog
Photography By. CocoDandridge

Eyes Closed On Busy Streets in Harlem

Close your eyes & hold my hand as we cross this busy street in Harlem
125th in Lenox
Without a care or worry or a scare of getting hit by a car because the locks we hold in our hands got us so tight to the point where we have become one.
Unbreakable.
Out of sight because no one has ever seen anything like this. 
I mean...
We have never seen anything like this.
We've both lost sight after that last fight that we swore was the last flight on the topic of that which we've lost sleep, shed tears, missed meals...didn't eat.
I mean...
when I lost sleep, shed tears, & missed meals because...
while you were sleep...I was somewhere drowning deep in a color that I had once knew.
See...
That's the thing about you...
That moment when I thought of you as so pure & true was the moment when you flipped the script & turned me blue.
Blue...
Just like the color. 
One day bright & the next day..
dark as midnight.
How could you??
After I've removed myself from old conversations that I've had before you, kept it true, changed my selfish ways & drenched myself in the loyalty of rendering to you?
That's how I became so acquainted with the color blue.

But NOT today

I woke up feeling a new color.
I woke up & decided that I didn't wanna be like that anymore.
How lucky you are to have me...
I'm the best thing that has ever landed in your lap.
The very hairs on my head are named.
My hips that glide around the room with could make any man's day.
My passion are sweeter than the flowers & candy that you try to buy for me.
That's why I stand tall & tell you my secrets to your face.
If I can't have 100% of you then I'll be on my way.
This morning...
I woke up feeling a new color. 
I'm feeling very razzmatazz
because I long for a love so deep that even Maya Angelou's poetry can't reach,
 but as soft & gentle as pink.
Holding hands & sharing secrets that was never heard by man.
Souls rubbing together & setting on fire...
because the rawness of our fruit (singular) can't be handled.
Rather we be drankin' organic black tea in Brooklyn or screaming at a basketball game at Madison Square Garden..
other people will burn at just the vibe of us.
This is a new day.
A new day for love.
Not the love we've lost
No...not that love we've lost.
So come on & go with me...there's something new for you to see.
Come on & go with me...there's something new for me to believe. 
Because I need to be able to close my eyes again, hold your hand, & walk across that busy street in Harlem without a worry or care of getting hit by a car because you'll be right there besides me. 
& that my darling will be the type of love we will share because this love will be worth every tear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment